02 Jul | Day 65 – Portfolio Value £7,202 Down £114 On The Day
So on the back of a triple-digit drop in the FTSE it was another day of low expectations. And low expectations delivered!
Eros International delivered some final results, highlights as follows:
- Group turnover up 38.7% to US$ 156.7m (2008:US$ 113.0m)
- Gross Profit up 13.4% to US$ 71.5m (2008: US$ 63.0m)
- EBITDA up 41% to US$ 109.5 m (2008:US$ 77.9 m) with 62% of EBITDA converted to cash
- Profit before tax up 7% to US$ 48.4m (2008: US$ 45.5 m)
- Basic EPS per share up 5% to 35.1 cents (2008: 33.5 cents)
With everything probably factored into the price already, Eros dropped off 3% on the day.
Ceramic Fuel Cells gave some stock to staff and finished the day up 3%. Climate Exchange edged closer to 10 quid still buoyed by earlier news of the possibility of a takeover and that’s where the good news ended.
Oh, our punt on the British Pound against the Aussie Dollar is currently 133 pips to good for a profit of £266, a £100 turn around from this time yesterday.
Our portfolio as a whole seems to be in a bit of a holding pattern at the moment, probably with a slight tilt to the south if I’m honest.
Here’s hoping for a happier end to the trading week.